1/7/13

12 weeks and we have a gymnast!


How Far Along?:  12 weeks
Produce Of The Week:  a Lime!!  Wow, two weeks and we went from a grape to a lime!

















Symptoms:

  • slight heartburn but rarely
  • Hungry (all.the.time)
Dr. appts:  I have had my final US and Dr. appt. with RBA.  It was bittersweet saying goodbye to al the amazing nurses, Dr's, and staff. We have been so fortunate to have those people come into our lives and give us hope and bring us through to the "other side".  I'm really going to miss all the Ultrasounds!!
Cravings: Strawberries and Hot Fudge Sundaes
Shots, Shots, Shot!:  Still tearing my abdomen up twice daily with Herparin. No end in sight, my new OBGYN will also weigh in on this Jan 16th.  I'm anticipating I'll be on Heparin for the next 6 months though.
Aversions: none right now, but after making dinners at home I hate the smell it leaves in the house.
Sleep:  sleeping like a baby still!  I'm also super excited about this because we bought a new Nature's Sleep foam mattress, can't wait for that to arrive!
Best Moment of the Week:  Jan 2nd.  Our "graduation appt" with RBA.  We had a great US  and the baby was so active (no sleeping at all!).  The nurse was laughing at the baby and we were both watching as the baby did a somersault and we both just died laughing!  It was pretty incredible and I'm so grateful I was able to just lay there and watch baby move all over the place and shake the booty!
Looking Ahead:  Jan 16th we meet with our new OBGYN.  They are just upstairs from RBA so I can visit my favorites any time.  I'll have yet another US, Dr. visit and the NT test done.
In Other News:  We had a lovely time in Buffalo for Christmas.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  We also shared our news with our grandparents and other family members.  This is definitely a very special christmas for the whole family.

1 comment:

Belle said...

Katie! 12 weeks already? This makes me grin from ear to ear! So glad to hear things are moving right along!