12/3/12

7 weeks

How Far Along?:  7 weeks 
Produce Of The Week: blueberry

Symptoms:

  • Sleepy
  • Nauseous. VERY. especially in the mornings when I don't sleep past 7am.  I feel like junk right now
  •  Weak, like right before you get the flu type feeling.
  • Mild cramping in my uterus, but less than last week
  • Very sore in the chest. VERY SORE people.
  • Not hungry
  • HOT flashes!
Dr. appts:  Last Thursday we had our first ultrasound. The nurse said " do you see that flutter?" and there is was, a baby and it's heart beating away. I have a special place in my heart for butterflies (especially yellow ones) and that's the first thing I thought of - a little butterfly fluttering it's wings!  The heart beat really brought these last 2 years to a point of acceptance for me. This is happening and this was the way it was going to happen.
Cravings: Nothing yet
Shots, Shots, Shot!: Took my last progesterone shot last night and tonight we start progesterone suppositories (lovely).  Still tearing my abdomen up twice daily with Herparin.  No end in sight there!
Aversions: None,  just not very hungry
Sleep:  sleeping like a baby!
Best Moment of the Week: the heartbeat, of course.
Looking Ahead:  need some bigger pants!
In Other News: planning a brewery tour and dinner with Jeff's friends for his 30th Birthday this weekend.

2 comments:

Belle said...

Katie, this is all so wonderful to read! I agree about needing pants soon. So scary to make that leap though. And SO JEALOUS you get to leave the PIO shots early! I'm on 8 weeks straight of them so far and my rump is not thrilled about it! Two more weeks to go for me!

Mom said...

produce of the week: Sultana
just a suggestion......