Redemption: atonement for guilt. deliverance; rescue.
I had the BEST weekend, I've been rescued. I spent 4 days in Chicago with my little sister, oldest sister, her lovies/kids, and my beautiful mother. I left for the trip with so much excitement and with a full and happy heart. I left the same way which is a huge difference than my last trip to see family. There wasn't a baby shower which probably helped but I think It was mostly a decision I made to make the most of the long weekend.
I want to tell you about my baby sister, we call her bootsie, and she is not well. I can't tell you what is wrong(because we do not know) but for the past 6 months her life has been on hold. Like really on hold, she was married in July and moved to NYC in September only to be hit with unbearable pain, seizure-like symptoms and migraines that would send her into month long bouts of pain. She has been living with my parents since October to be close to all of doctors and my mother who takes care of her. This past weekend she was the best she's been in 6 months. There really is something to be said for TLC and family.
Boots and I have a really strong connection and always have, we are the "babies" of the family. To see each other in very different types of pain has been really eye-opening for both of us. I am able to sleep at night, I don't have a separate suitcase for all of my medicines, I don't have a bio-freeze addiction, I can watch TV, and I have my husband with me everyday. My mother said somethings really powerful this weekend "these challenges in your life (mine and Boots) will build character and make you the people your meant to be". Damn straight, we are strong beautiful women and have so much to give. I just needed to tell you all, my blog family/friends, about my beautiful boots...
Bachelorette, xoxo
this is typical "us", always messing around
Boots at her bridal shower, she was so happy!
weekend snapshots....
Maryn & Keller, giving us a sneak peak of their show, Willy Wonka
Maryn, I love this kid, she's amazing
Boots, bra size: A wearing my bra: much bigger
godson, Brady Kidus, with his sweet face on
the terror
Boots & Maryn Moo
We didn't win the Mega Millions but my fortune cookie was amazing...
I read it at the table and my mother screamed in the restaurant!









No comments:
Post a Comment