On Saturday we were given the "all systems go". I have no cysts, 4 follicles(follies) so I am now "stiming" or stimulating my ovaries to achieve some spectacular follicles. This involves two AM shots and two PM shots. The lupron(insulin) shot are a cake walk and nothing to fear. The FSH/LH (hormone) shots are a bit involved and require a lot of mixing, 3 vials of FSH & 1 vial of LH. this process is not hard just time consuming. The hard part is once the needle is in it can be pretty painful to inject, these are subcutaneous(in the fat). I realize this is nothing compared to the intermuscular shots to come but for now it's hard and i dread it.
I got pretty a bad cold thing that has been around since Christmas that I cant seem to shake and it came back this weekend with a vengeance. I spent the weekend and Monday resting and trying to fight it. That seemed to work and I'm feeling so much better. I have another ultrasound and blood work appt tomorrow morning to see how well the stimming drugs are working. I am praying they are working, this is where my family history makes me very nervous. My sister was not responding well to the drugs and her follies were not growing at this point in the process. Hoping my little follies (all 4 of them) are fighting spartan style right now to be #1
fingers and toes crossed for good news tomorrow, xo
No comments:
Post a Comment