I had my lumpectomy last Wednesday and today returned for my post-op appointment. They removed the entire tumor and were very pleased with my perfect scar. This is really good news since I do not scar well and so far this scar looks great. So the paperchase is 95% completed, we have a two page list of all the old records we needed to track down and we did it. We had to have jeff get one blood draw but other than that we forced the clinic to give up all the records. I'm not going to pretend it was easy it took 3 different trips to the old clinic but we were already in the hospital for pre-opt and surgery so we made it work.
So now we wait for the psychologist appt next wednesday, my pap-smear which is also next week and then we get access to the donor database. I was stressed for about a week about getting this all done in time to coordinate my cycle for August but things are really looking good and I'm once again really excited to get into the database and get this show on the road!
This new wave im riding is getting pretty predictable. Get excited for appt, have appt and then freak out with anxiety over all I need to do, get things worked out and get excited for next appt/step. Sigh. I guess that leaves me excited for now. I know all I do lately is give lame updates but this is way better than ignore the blog so I'm happy for now. I hope you stick around since it looks like I'll need all the support I can get in August. Off to go catch up on all my blog reading!
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your journey! It is really interesting to learn about egg donation. I'll stick around!
P.S. Glad you're lump free now!
Post a Comment