3/12/12

stronger

I've had about 3 weeks now to think about my weekend at home and I'm in a much better place.  In part because I put my focus into other things and making amends.  Something I decided to do at the end of January was to write letters.  The plan was to write one letter for everyday the mail comes and i did it.  It was a big thing for me to commit to something and follow through. I have no problems committed to others but a very hard time committed to my own goals. 

I decided to "dedicate" the month to sending love and support to everyone who has been holding me up.  I loved sitting down each day and picking who would get my next letter and what I would say.  Sealing those envelopes each day felt so good.  I poured my heart out to some and thanked others.  Told people how much I love them and missed them.  It's such a great way to brighten someone's day and i hope all of my loved ones know they did the same for me in the last year.  

My christmas gift from Jeff was a years membership for both he and I to the gym and it has been life-changing. I joined solo the year before our wedding but didn't have much commitment(see first paragraph!) and ended it after a year.  With the recommendations of a few awesome people (hi Belle) I decided to try the ease into 5k app and im addicted, I love the sense of accomplishment each week and I'm already at week 6.  Jeff and I are scouting out some 5K's to do together for May.  I don't feel like I have any passion for running but the rewards (which so far have not been weight lose) are really great. 

I'm having these crazy weeks, one I'm high on life and feeling great about our situation.  Then it came crashing down. Last week felt like my world was ending, pregnancy announcements, beautiful babies were born, work sucked, and Jeff and I were not getting along(95% my fault).  I can't afford to keep having weeks like these, they put a huge strain on my relationship and my heart.

So I  made a decision(we'll see how long this lasts).  As hard as it is to sit the next few months out we are  are going to make the most of it.  I decided today that I needed a trip to Chicago to visit my sister and her babes and it's perfect because my parents and sister are going as well.  I'm booking my work trip to Australia & New Zealand tomorrow and we have a mid-May trip to Austin to see friends.  
I also realize this idea of making the most of an empty uterus gets old and it has in the past but I think I have enough going on to keep me moving. So there isn't a positive pregnancy test this month and that is ok.  But theres wine, soft cheese, delta skymiles, suana's, cardo, australian friends, hard cider, dancing, happy hours and a promise to myself that i'll be stronger this week. and next. and the week after.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna need you to put a warning label on your entries, because I feel awkward getting all misty eyed in my cubicle over here.

K-Tuds said...

haha loveyouloriiiita

Rachel said...

I linked to your blog from Danielle's. I hope it's not creepy to leave a comment. My husband and I have been through the infertility rigmarole--it's hell. I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you have to go through this.

I think it is awesome that you wrote a note to someone you love every day for a month--such a great idea. Danielle has told me about you and how much she adores you. It's easy to see why.

My husband and I adopted a beautiful baby boy in August. The adoption road wasn't easy either, but it was so worth it.

I've made a few "online friends" during these years of infertility and adoption stress--sometimes it was easier to vent to them than to my family and friends (who would've worried too much about me). If you ever need anything, I am here. Email is rachel dot nielson at hotmail dot com.

Hang in there. You'll be in my prayers, and I mean that.

Renee said...

Loved reading this and loved even more that I was one of the lucky recipients of a lovely letter from my fabulous sister. I love you....and I'm sorry you're having to travel down this awful bumpy road- but you are not alone. I'm always crazy busy but never too busy for you. Unfortunately, I know how all this shit feels (although I'm sure different for you in one way or another-but I do know how much it sucks!!) Just hang in there...things will work out- that's not to say it will work out in the way that we plan but it will work out and I'm a firm believer that everything does happen for a reason. I love you!