Let's start with the house, we have taken down the way between the kitchen and living room. This has really opened up the rooms and we love it! We also finished the bathroom and Jeff did a great job -we love it!
I have changed jobs and I am really loving Georgia Tech!
We are currently hosting a young man from Ethiopia, Selam. He is such a sweetheart. He had open heart surgery on June 1st and will be staying with us until July 11th. I've already created such a strong bond with him, I'm going to be very sad to see him leave. It has been such a test of patience but I have learned so much from how strong and brave he is.
I squeezed in a great visit with my bestie, Ann. She stayed with us for about a week and was able to meet Selam!
I ran my first triathlon this past weekend and raised $450 dollars for an incredible movement called Run for Congo. It was the hardest physical challenge I've ever faced and was so proud of finishing with my amazing sister, Renee!
At the end of June we are heading to Lake Arrowhead with the Tudini crew for a much needed vacation
We are heading home for the 4th of July weekend to visit family/friends and attend the Smith wedding, we are really excited to get one after 1 year away!
At the end of July, the O'Brien clan is meeting up on Hilton Head Island for a beach vacation.
Here's to a summer full of posts & pictures!!
love and miss you all,
Katie
2 comments:
YEA!!!!
of course your mother is always happy to read the advertures of Katie and Jeff
Welcome back. Thanks for the updates. We are looking forward to our Georgia vacation. Congrats on finishing the race and best of luck with your new car.
JT
Post a Comment