9/12/11

Tap-Tap Is this thing on?

I'm back. I know I've tried a comeback a few times but Im hoping it sticks this time around. We've had a pretty calm 2011 up until June. We had made a decision to try have a family at the start of the summer and the road got rocky almost immediately.

With my family history I knew we may have a lot to consider and prepare for but with the help of Jeff stayed very positive all summer. I bought the Basal Thermometer, I read Taking Charge of Your fertility, learned the in's and out's of charting, and went a little wild with vitamins! We even cleared out the office, picked a paint color & design and start re-doing the "office/nursery". I put all my positive energy into growing our little family and it felt really great.

We had some blood work done in July and we heard "Elevated FSH" for the first time. This did make us a little nervous but we stayed pretty determined, we are only 28! In August we were referred to a reproductive specialist and then began the testing. We had lots of blood work, an HSG test which may have gone down in history (I fainted eek), more blood work, and ultrasounds galore. Jeff also got into the fun also had tests done. We were very happy to hear Jeff passed all with flying colors so the focus turned to me. In late August it was determined we have diminished ovarian reserve. I know I should have been more prepared for this but I was shock when the doctor put IUI and IVF on the table. I just kept hearing success rates, risk of multiples, canceling, poor egg quality, egg count, more test, cystic fibrosis, fragile X, genetic counseling, Oh My!

So here we are present day with a choice to make. We are 50% scared & 50%optimistic. I'm hoping to use this blog again as a way to keep family and friends updated. This is one of the hardest things to share with people but it is also something I want to be able to keep open with loved ones. xoxo



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie- thanks for sharing this! I am sure that everything will work out. I will use "the secret" on you! HAHA- Tammy