10/18/11

numb

We are delayed right now due to "life".  I had several work trips, a short miami vacation with jeff and a big trip to Germany planned so this cycle is not our time.  I also am not sure if the next cycle will work either.  I have to be able to go home for Christmas, it's not optional, it's required. If travel home will mess up the next cycle then I'm ok with waiting until January to start.

The nurse at ERC talked about living a stress-free lifestyle so there will be some changes with my work life and my next plan is to stay put in 2012.  I'd love to plan a trip to Cleveland, Boston, NYC, Florida but I know I need to stay put to ensure we can give IVF the best chance.  I also am working hard on getting healthy.  I've been going to bootcamp and really enjoy the workout. I  want to work on my communication skills, lately it has been so difficult to let Jeff know how I'm feeling.  Lastly, I need to feel something.  Too often I find myself feeling numb. feeling nothing.  I don't really understand if this is a defense mechanism or just how I'm going to handle it but sometimes i just wish I could feel more.
Thats all right now, I just want to keep this a living journal and a way for me to let it out.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sending you good energy and lots of love!

Belle said...

Katie, I'm so glad you are blogging about this. Numb is normal. I spend a lot of days numb right now. I'm sending you so many good thoughts for your upcoming cycle. Know I'm here if you need to talk, yell or cry - I am only a blog comment, email or even phone call away. Enjoy your fertility-medication-free holiday and keep your thoughts positive! *big hugs*

Sarah "Belle"